Kitchener Construction Update
Kitchener's Victoria Street Bridge has been scheduled for removal and replacement which is virtually adjacent to Spaenaur.
Google Map of Spaenaur Location
What has been communicated to Spaenaur by the Region of Waterloo:
- The Victoria Street Bridge will be closed from east of Edna Street and at Bruce Street, with no through traffic as of January 29th 2018.
- The on-ramp to Highway 85 North at Bruce Street will be closed as of February 5th 2018
- The off-ramp from Highway 85 South at Edna Street (and the connected on-ramp at Wellington Street) will be closed as of February 5th 2018.
- All are expected to be closed until November 2018.
Access to all businesses will remain open throughout the construction
We have created some maps to show you how to find Spaenaur during construction. We apologize for any delays.
Coming from Downtown Kitchener:
- The Region of Waterloo has set-up Fredrick Street as the primary detour route.
- From Fredrick, go left on Bruce at the lights, and then right onto Victoria Street North.
Coming from Kitchener, Baden, Petersburg, New Hamburg (Cambridge from Highway 8) - Highway 85 South
- The off ramp at Bruce will remain open where drivers can turn left onto Bruce and then Right on to Victoria Street North.
From Waterloo - 85 North
Take the off ramp at Wellington where drivers could go:
- Left onto Wellington/Shirley/Bingaman's Centre Drive then Right onto Victoria St N at Lackner, or
- Right onto Wellington, Left on Lancaster, Left on Fredrick, Left on Bruce and Right on Victoria St N
This information will be updated from communications received from the Region of Waterloo as soon as we receive them.