Kitchener Construction Update
Kitchener's Victoria Street Bridge has been scheduled for removal and replacement which is virtually adjacent to Spaenaur.
Google Map of Spaenaur Location
What has been communicated to Spaenaur by the Region of Waterloo:
- The Victoria Street Bridge will be closed from east of Edna Street and at Bruce Street, with no through traffic as of January 29th 2018.
- Heading North on Highway 85
- Wellington Street exit ramp closed
- Victoria Street and Wellington entrance ramps closed
- Heading South on Highway 85
- Wellington Street and Victoria Street exit ramps closed
- Wellington Street entrance ramp closed
Access to all businesses will remain open throughout the construction
We have created some maps to show you how to find Spaenaur during construction. We apologize for any delays.
Coming from Downtown Kitchener:
- The Region of Waterloo has set-up Fredrick Street as the primary detour route.
- From Fredrick, go left on Bruce at the lights, and then right onto Victoria Street North.
Coming from Kitchener, Baden, Petersburg, New Hamburg (Cambridge from Highway 8) - Highway 85 South
Update: Wellington exit closure is causing congestion at Bruce Street ramp
- Take the Ottawa Street ramp turn right onto Ottawa Street North, turn left onto River Road East, turn left on Victoria Street North.
From Waterloo - 85 North
- From the Lancaster Street exit, bear right on Lancaster, Left on Fredrick, Left on Bruce and Right on Victoria St N, or
- Continue on Fredrick Street, turn left onto River Road East, turn left on Victoria Street North
This information will be updated from communications received from the Region of Waterloo as soon as we receive them.